What is involved in Test management
Find out what the related areas are that Test management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Test management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Test management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Test management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Test management related domains to cover and 134 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Test management, Automation, Bug tracking, Bugzilla, Mantis Bug Tracker, Project management, Requirement, Software, Software as a service, Software bug, Software testing, Specification, System under test, Test automation management tools, Test case, Test management tools, Test plan, Traceability matrix:
Test management Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Test management outcomes and shift your focus.
– How do we manage Test management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Do we all define Test management in the same way?
– What are current Test management Paradigms?
Automation Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Automation results and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does the support team truly understand the product and the business needs of a PSO, or is it an outsourced or off-shore group with only a peripheral understanding?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– What do I do when asked to submit a fixed-fee proposal when I m not sure of all the details?
– What relationships must an employee manage, and what key ethical issues can arise in each?
– Is the social web being irreversibly corrupted by automation tools?
– What factors are transforming the professional services industry?
– Are the right resources being assigned to the right projects?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– Is it important to have access to information in real time?
– Municipal or federal procurement protocols may also apply?
– Training requirements: which workshops do I need to take?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– How do I know if I m charging too much or too little?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– What integration tools does the vendor provide?
– How are solutions maintained and upgraded?
– Where are there trade preferences?
– What are the explicit barriers?
– How would we measure success?
– Is it time for PSA?
Bug tracking Critical Criteria:
Refer to Bug tracking leadership and budget for Bug tracking challenges.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Test management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are we Assessing Test management and Risk?
Bugzilla Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Bugzilla visions and gather practices for scaling Bugzilla.
– For your Test management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the usability implications of Test management actions?
– What are our Test management Processes?
Mantis Bug Tracker Critical Criteria:
Unify Mantis Bug Tracker strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Mantis Bug Tracker.
– Which Test management goals are the most important?
– Why is Test management important for you now?
– Is the scope of Test management defined?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Value Project management governance and get answers.
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– What is the cost of change?
– What is scrum?
Requirement Critical Criteria:
Confer over Requirement decisions and overcome Requirement skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Service-level requirement, how can the IT or business unit meet the internal marketing departments availability expectation based on the SaaS providers SLA?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– Which models are appropriate based on their security and trust requirements and the systems they need to interface to?
– Are relevant legal or regulatory requirements and contractual obligations taken into account for control of records?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
– Is there a requirement to measure and evaluate the usage of internal and/or external information?
– Are the design requirements for your facility or program established, documented and maintained?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– What are the solvency and financial protection requirements for ACOs?
– What specific regulatory or industry requirements are applicable?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– How can you measure Test management in a systematic way?
Software Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Software failures and assess what counts with Software that we are not counting.
– What is the budget for acquisition and life cycle support of intrusion detection hardware, software, and infrastructure, including staffing to monitor and respond to intrusions?
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– How can we get rid of support contracts for hardware, software and network?
– Can We Quantitatively Assess and Manage Risk of Software Privacy Breaches?
– What software development and data management tools been selected?
– Does the software system satisfy the expectations of the user?
– What does it mean to develop a quality software system?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– Is your software easy for it to manage and upgrade?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Is the software system productive?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Software as a service engagements and correct better engagement with Software as a service results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Test management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Think of your Test management project. what are the main functions?
– What threat is Test management addressing?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Software bug quality and find out what it really means.
– Who needs to know about Test management ?
– How would one define Test management leadership?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Software testing quality and revise understanding of Software testing architectures.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Test management objectives?
– How important is Test management to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Lead with Test management in Mind?
Specification Critical Criteria:
Infer Specification outcomes and sort Specification activities.
– Can visitors/customers easily find all relevant information about your products (e.g., prices, options, technical specifications, quantities, shipping information, order status) on your website?
– With the traditional approach to data migration, delays due to specification changes are an expected (and accepted) part of most projects. does this sound familiar?
– Have product specifications been reviewed with respect to existing and planned organizational programs, policies, procedures, and standards?
– How do you identify the information basis for later specification of performance or acceptance criteria?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– Have security requirements been identified and compared against product specifications?
– Is Test management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Match data specifications against data are all the attributes present?
– Can we automatically create RTL glue logic from port specifications ?
– Is the project on schedule, on budget, and meeting specifications?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Test management?
– Does data meet the specifications you assumed?
– Is a formal specification complete?
System under test Critical Criteria:
Add value to System under test strategies and finalize specific methods for System under test acceptance.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Test management is underway?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Test management study?
Test automation management tools Critical Criteria:
Start Test automation management tools leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Test automation management tools because they lack skills.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Test management project manager?
– Does the Test management task fit the clients priorities?
– Are there Test management Models?
Test case Critical Criteria:
Think about Test case tactics and look at it backwards.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Test management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are all identified requirements allocated to test cases?
– What is our Test management Strategy?
– How can we improve Test management?
Test management tools Critical Criteria:
Check Test management tools tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Test management tools.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Test management activities?
– Are there recognized Test management problems?
– Why are Test management skills important?
Test plan Critical Criteria:
Grade Test plan governance and overcome Test plan skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the key elements of your Test management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Test management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is Test management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the test plan and results available?
Traceability matrix Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Traceability matrix quality and gather practices for scaling Traceability matrix.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Test management process?
– How likely is the current Test management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is our formula for success in Test management ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Test management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Test management External links:
Game Dev Test Management
http://Ad · techexcel.com/test-management/
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Meliora Testlab: Professional test management for everyone
Automation External links:
Circlepix | Real Estate Marketing Automation
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Bug tracking External links:
Painless Bug Tracking – Joel on Software
Bug Tracking Process – Joomla! Documentation
[PPT]Bug Tracking System vs SVN/CVS – Welcome to Watson
Bugzilla External links:
Wush – Subversion, Git, Trac, Bugzilla, Atlassian Tools
Bugzilla – Official Site
Bugzilla – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Mantis Bug Tracker External links:
SAML Mantis Bug Tracker Single Sign-On (SSO) – Bitium
Mantis Bug Tracker Tutorial – YouTube
Mantis Bug Tracker – Official Site
Project management External links:
Construction Project Management Software | BuildingBlok
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Requirement External links:
Browser Requirement – eSYSCO
Title V Requirements – AQMD
[DOC]Title Insurance Requirements – Fannie Mae
Software External links:
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Software bug External links:
Software Bug Report – Formsite
What is Software Bug? – Definition from Techopedia
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
Applause | Software Testing, User Feedback & Market …
Specification External links:
Specification Grade Lighting Manufacturer | Bartco Lighting
Home Page – ARCOM – The Specification Experts
System under test External links:
[PDF]NAME OF THE SYSTEM UNDER TEST INTEGRATED …
Test automation management tools External links:
test automation management tools free download – SourceForge
Test automation management tools – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Test automation management tools
Test case External links:
Test Case | Software Testing Fundamentals
Electric Grid Test Case Repository
Test management tools External links:
Test Management Tools & Bug Tracking Software – Inflectra
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Market Guide for Test Management Tools – Gartner Inc.
Test plan External links:
[DOC]Test Plan Template – Brian Marick
2017 NCLEX-PN Detailed Test Plan | NCSBN
Creating and Defining a Test Plan – msdn.microsoft.com
Traceability matrix External links:
[PDF]ACES TRACEABILITY MATRIX Business Objective …
FastVal Traceability Matrix | Ofni Systems