What is involved in Service Level Agreement
Find out what the related areas are that Service Level Agreement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Level Agreement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Level Agreement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Level Agreement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Level Agreement related domains to cover and 173 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service Level Agreement, Service-level agreement, Call center, Carrier Cloud, Cloud computing, Dedicated servers, IT Service Management, IT cost transparency, Incumbent local exchange carrier, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Internet service provider, Local area network, Maintenance window, Mean time between failures, Mean time to recovery, Mean time to repair, Network monitoring, Network service provider, Operational-level agreement, Outsourcing relationship management, Performance metrics, Service-oriented architecture, Service Desk, Service level, Service level management, Service level objective, Service level requirement, Shared hosting, Software quality, Telecommunications Act of 1996, Telephone company, Turnaround time, Virtual private server, Web service:
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Service Level Agreement issues and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Service Level Agreement services.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– What are standard financial penalties for violating downtime in a Service Level Agreement?
– What are the hours of operation (regular business hours and after hours support)?
– Is Service Level Agreement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What simple ways can we improve our valued customers experience?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– What is the purpose of a IT Service Level Agreement?
– what is an sla in the context of a website or company?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– Who is accountable for service delivery?
– What quality standards already exist?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– What will it take to make it work?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– What to optimise for?
– Who prepares the SLA?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Study Service-level agreement management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Service-level agreement.
– In what ways are Service Level Agreement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– Does our organization need more Service Level Agreement education?
– What are the usability implications of Service Level Agreement actions?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Depict Call center leadership and question.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Service Level Agreement opportunities costing us money?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
– What about Service Level Agreement Analysis of results?
– How do we go about Securing Service Level Agreement?
Carrier Cloud Critical Criteria:
Start Carrier Cloud tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Service Level Agreement forward?
– Why are Service Level Agreement skills important?
– How to Secure Service Level Agreement?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Categorize Cloud computing visions and find answers.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Dedicated servers Critical Criteria:
Judge Dedicated servers results and figure out ways to motivate other Dedicated servers users.
– Does Service Level Agreement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Service Level Agreement project manager?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Service Level Agreement activities?
IT Service Management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with IT Service Management tactics and look at the big picture.
– If we could not clearly quantify where the benefits were, we would then start getting lots of questions: why are you doing it because we could be spending the money elsewhere?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– What are the key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How much time does it take to consolidate information into meaningful reports?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What software do I have and why do we have it?
– How many purchased licenses are in actual use?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Will the customers and consumers be notified?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Where does the data reside?
– What is Service Management?
IT cost transparency Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot IT cost transparency planning and do something to it.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Service Level Agreement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Level Agreement strengthening and reform?
– Are we Assessing Service Level Agreement and Risk?
Incumbent local exchange carrier Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Incumbent local exchange carrier outcomes and budget for Incumbent local exchange carrier challenges.
– Think about the functions involved in your Service Level Agreement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Service Level Agreement that make it risky?
– How is the value delivered by Service Level Agreement being measured?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Meet over Information Technology Infrastructure Library leadership and grade techniques for implementing Information Technology Infrastructure Library controls.
– Consider your own Service Level Agreement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service Level Agreement services/products?
Internet service provider Critical Criteria:
Study Internet service provider adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Internet service provider.
– Does Service Level Agreement include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our needs in relation to Service Level Agreement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Local area network Critical Criteria:
Administer Local area network governance and correct better engagement with Local area network results.
– Will Service Level Agreement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Service Level Agreement process?
– Is a Service Level Agreement Team Work effort in place?
Maintenance window Critical Criteria:
Examine Maintenance window engagements and work towards be a leading Maintenance window expert.
Mean time between failures Critical Criteria:
Model after Mean time between failures projects and adjust implementation of Mean time between failures.
– Among the Service Level Agreement product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who will provide the final approval of Service Level Agreement deliverables?
Mean time to recovery Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Mean time to recovery management and maintain Mean time to recovery for success.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Service Level Agreement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Service Level Agreement leader?
– Is Service Level Agreement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Mean time to repair Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Mean time to repair planning and look at it backwards.
– How do we maintain Service Level Agreements Integrity?
Network monitoring Critical Criteria:
Model after Network monitoring goals and arbitrate Network monitoring techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we Improve Service Level Agreement service perception, and satisfaction?
– What will drive Service Level Agreement change?
– How do we Lead with Service Level Agreement in Mind?
Network service provider Critical Criteria:
Jump start Network service provider engagements and track iterative Network service provider results.
– what is the best design framework for Service Level Agreement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Service Level Agreement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Level Agreement project?
Operational-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Meet over Operational-level agreement tasks and oversee implementation of Operational-level agreement.
– What vendors make products that address the Service Level Agreement needs?
Outsourcing relationship management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Outsourcing relationship management failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Outsourcing relationship management projects.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service Level Agreement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Service Level Agreement systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How would one define Service Level Agreement leadership?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Performance metrics projects and assess what counts with Performance metrics that we are not counting.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Service Level Agreement study?
– Does Service Level Agreement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Probe Service-oriented architecture strategies and acquire concise Service-oriented architecture education.
– What are the long-term Service Level Agreement goals?
– Are there Service Level Agreement Models?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Unify Service Desk failures and correct Service Desk management by competencies.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– Can we add value to the current Service Level Agreement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why a service desk?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Service level outcomes and test out new things.
– In addition, CSPs are often challenged to reduce their overheads and operational costs. Cost reduction initiatives can be difficult to manage and it is essential to target the right areas. Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– Do the Service Level Agreement decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– What PMO services are included in this SLA?
– What services are NOT included?
– What is Data Protection?
– How do I write an SLA?
Service level management Critical Criteria:
Judge Service level management visions and be persistent.
– How can you negotiate Service Level Agreement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is maximizing Service Level Agreement protection the same as minimizing Service Level Agreement loss?
– Is Service Level Agreement Required?
Service level objective Critical Criteria:
Group Service level objective failures and document what potential Service level objective megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Which management activity ensures adequate availability of resources based on a service level objective?
– What are specific Service Level Agreement Rules to follow?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Service level requirement leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Service level requirement information.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Service Level Agreement into the services that we provide?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Service Level Agreement values?
Shared hosting Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Shared hosting strategies and secure Shared hosting creativity.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Service Level Agreement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service Level Agreement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software quality tasks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Software quality is getting what it needs.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service Level Agreement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– What is our Service Level Agreement Strategy?
Telecommunications Act of 1996 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Telecommunications Act of 1996 planning and develop and take control of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 initiative.
– In the case of a Service Level Agreement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Service Level Agreement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Service Level Agreement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Service Level Agreement activities?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Rank Telephone company governance and probe Telephone company strategic alliances.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Service Level Agreement project?
Turnaround time Critical Criteria:
Devise Turnaround time tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Turnaround time relationship management.
– Do we have past Service Level Agreement Successes?
Virtual private server Critical Criteria:
Coach on Virtual private server strategies and question.
– How do we go about Comparing Service Level Agreement approaches/solutions?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Web service adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Web service.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service Level Agreement?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How to deal with Service Level Agreement Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Level Agreement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) – XO Communications
https://www.xo.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/DIA SLA Web.pdf
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
Call center External links:
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
SunPass Call Center Hours of Operation
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing Cost Control – bmc.com
http://Ad · www.bmc.com/Cloud-Computing
Cloud Computing Cost Control – bmc.com
http://Ad · www.bmc.com/Cloud-Computing
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Dedicated servers External links:
Game, Voice & Dedicated Servers – Streamline Servers
IT Service Management External links:
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
How to Improve Your IT Service Management Process: 9 …
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Incumbent local exchange carrier External links:
Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier : definition of …
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier/en-en
Incumbent local exchange carrier | POTs and PANs
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Infrastructure Library – ITIL®
Internet service provider External links:
Internet Service Provider in Kansas City, MO | Google Fiber
ProValue.net – Rural High Speed Internet Service Provider
NetWest Online, Inc – Premier Internet Service Provider
Local area network External links:
What is local area network (LAN)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DET Local Area Network (LAN)
Netsh Commands for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN…
Maintenance window External links:
How to Set a Maintenance Window – technet.microsoft.com
Mean time to recovery External links:
MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery) – Tech-FAQ
System z Mean Time to Recovery Best Practices – IBM Redbooks
Mean time to repair External links:
Reduce MTTR (Mean Time to Repair): IT Operations …
[PDF]MEAN TIME TO REPAIR PREDICTIONS – NASA
MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) Reporting |THWACK
Network monitoring External links:
Network monitoring software – PRTG | Paessler
APCON Intelligent Network Monitoring
Network Monitoring – Home
Network service provider External links:
Managed Network Service Provider and Wireless LAN …
Business MPLS Network Service Provider | CenturyLink
[PDF]DCYF and Family Care Network Service Provider …
Operational-level agreement External links:
How to Write an Operational-Level Agreement | Chron.com
Outsourcing relationship management External links:
“IT Outsourcing Relationship Management and …
Outsourcing relationship management – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Outsourcing relationship management
Performance metrics External links:
Performance metrics and goals | Mass.gov
TNECD Performance Metrics – TN.Gov
Enterprise Performance Metrics
Service Desk External links:
Login – Sykes Service Desk
Service Desk Manager – Login
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
Service level External links:
DTI Service Level Dashboard
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
Configure Service Level Management | Microsoft Docs
Service level management External links:
Service level management. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Configure Service Level Management | Microsoft Docs
[PDF]Service Level Management – ITSM
http://www.itsm.info/ITSM Service Level Mgmt Service Brief.pdf
Service level objective External links:
Defining a Service Level Objective Against an Application
Service level requirement External links:
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
Shared hosting External links:
Shared Hosting Sign In – XMission
Reclaim Hosting | Shared Hosting
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
Telecommunications Act of 1996 External links:
[PDF]TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1996 – gpo.gov
The Telecommunications Act of 1996 | ShoreTel – …
Public Law 104 – 104 – Telecommunications Act of 1996
Telephone company External links:
Vermont Telephone Company – Vermont Telephone Company
srcaccess.net – Santa Rosa Telephone Company
mail.4wbi.net – Westphalia Telephone Company / …
Turnaround time External links:
Turnaround Time on Counties Searched – Sentry Title
Turnaround Times | :: Welcome to Reliable Lien Search
Turnaround Time Details | Black River Imaging
Virtual private server External links:
Orange Geek | Virtual Private Server Hosting
virtual private server – Wiktionary
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting – Evolve IP
Web service External links:
Tax Data Systems – Sales Tax Rates Web Service
kumo cloud™ Mobile App and Web Service for HVAC Control
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net