What is involved in Business process modelling
Find out what the related areas are that Business process modelling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business process modelling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business process modelling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business process modelling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business process modelling related domains to cover and 327 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business process modelling, Reliability engineering, Tertiary sector of the economy, Unified Process, Object model, Business architecture, Extreme programming, Systems modeling, Safety engineering, Work breakdown structure, Value Stream Mapping, Rapid application development, Flow chart, Business Process Model and Notation, Model Driven Engineering, Gantt chart, Enterprise architecture, Software quality, Software prototyping, Requirements engineering, Radhika Nagpal, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Software testing, Structured analysis, Project management, System integration, Software maintenance, Quality management, Systems engineering, Waterfall model, Organizational chart, Object-oriented programming, Data modeling, Change management, Software architecture, Configuration management, Risk management, Scientific modelling, Activity diagram, Software quality assurance, System dynamics, Design review, Functional flow block diagram, Function model, Trygve Reenskaug, Business process reengineering, Use case diagram, Mathematical optimization, Business process mapping, Executable UML, Operations research, Software archaeology, Corporate governance, Process mining, Wernher von Braun, Quality function deployment, Industrial engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer science, Technical support, Systems analysis, Business process management, Verification and validation, Business efficiency, Software development, Business Process Modeling Notation:
Business process modelling Critical Criteria:
Infer Business process modelling engagements and intervene in Business process modelling processes and leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business process modelling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How likely is the current Business process modelling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Reliability engineering decisions and point out Reliability engineering tensions in leadership.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business process modelling?
– Is Business process modelling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is the purpose of Business process modelling in relation to the mission?
Tertiary sector of the economy Critical Criteria:
Reason over Tertiary sector of the economy decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Tertiary sector of the economy strategies.
– What are the long-term Business process modelling goals?
– What about Business process modelling Analysis of results?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Detail Unified Process results and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Unified Process.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business process modelling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is the Business process modelling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is a Business process modelling Team Work effort in place?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Object model tasks and find out.
– What are the business goals Business process modelling is aiming to achieve?
– Who sets the Business process modelling standards?
– Is the scope of Business process modelling defined?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Value Business architecture visions and cater for concise Business architecture education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business process modelling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we monitor the Business process modelling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What vendors make products that address the Business process modelling needs?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Gauge Extreme programming tasks and find answers.
– In the case of a Business process modelling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business process modelling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business process modelling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Among the Business process modelling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we manage Business process modelling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Judge Systems modeling outcomes and revise understanding of Systems modeling architectures.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business process modelling?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Apply Safety engineering adoptions and observe effective Safety engineering.
– How do we know that any Business process modelling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business process modelling processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Business process modelling move?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Work breakdown structure tasks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business process modelling project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business process modelling?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Value Stream Mapping Critical Criteria:
Refer to Value Stream Mapping quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Value Stream Mapping.
– what is the best design framework for Business process modelling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does Business process modelling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business process modelling project?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Chart Rapid application development governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Rapid application development skills.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business process modelling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Economic feasibility -is the solution cost-effective?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– What are the potential costs (variable and fixed)?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– What is architected rad?
Flow chart Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Flow chart strategies and shift your focus.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business process modelling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business process modelling into the services that we provide?
Business Process Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Participate in Business Process Model and Notation issues and check on ways to get started with Business Process Model and Notation.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business process modelling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How will you measure your Business process modelling effectiveness?
– What is our Business process modelling Strategy?
Model Driven Engineering Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Model Driven Engineering tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Model Driven Engineering users.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business process modelling?
– When a Business process modelling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Gantt chart Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Gantt chart risks and find answers.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business process modelling is underway?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business process modelling forward?
– What is a GANTT Chart?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Enterprise architecture failures and finalize specific methods for Enterprise architecture acceptance.
– Can we add value to the current Business process modelling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Face Software quality decisions and prioritize challenges of Software quality.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business process modelling leader?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– How will you know that the Business process modelling project has been successful?
– Are assumptions made in Business process modelling stated explicitly?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software prototyping issues and summarize a clear Software prototyping focus.
– Will Business process modelling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Which Business process modelling goals are the most important?
– How can you measure Business process modelling in a systematic way?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Examine Requirements engineering strategies and balance specific methods for improving Requirements engineering results.
– How is the value delivered by Business process modelling being measured?
– How to deal with Business process modelling Changes?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Examine Radhika Nagpal quality and acquire concise Radhika Nagpal education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business process modelling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business process modelling process available?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Probe Edsger W. Dijkstra tasks and gather Edsger W. Dijkstra models .
– Why is Business process modelling important for you now?
– Is Business process modelling Required?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Pilot Software testing tactics and summarize a clear Software testing focus.
– Have all basic functions of Business process modelling been defined?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Structured analysis outcomes and do something to it.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business process modelling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is Effective Business process modelling?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Project management outcomes and finalize specific methods for Project management acceptance.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– What are the barriers to increased Business process modelling production?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– What is scrum?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Categorize System integration outcomes and observe effective System integration.
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– How do we maintain Business process modellings Integrity?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Software maintenance tasks and check on ways to get started with Software maintenance.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Business process modelling with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business process modelling activities?
– Are we Assessing Business process modelling and Risk?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Quality management issues and find the ideas you already have.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– How to Secure Business process modelling?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Look at Systems engineering outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Systems engineering information.
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– How does it all fit together?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What are our objectives?
– How confident are we?
– What is a system?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Waterfall model results and explore and align the progress in Waterfall model.
– Is maximizing Business process modelling protection the same as minimizing Business process modelling loss?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business process modelling strengthening and reform?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Own Organizational chart adoptions and overcome Organizational chart skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Object-oriented programming results and learn.
– How can the value of Business process modelling be defined?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Data modeling failures and gather Data modeling models .
– Does Business process modelling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do those selected for the Business process modelling team have a good general understanding of what Business process modelling is all about?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Change management risks and define Change management competency-based leadership.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Look at Software architecture results and acquire concise Software architecture education.
– How do we go about Securing Business process modelling?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Configuration management engagements and sort Configuration management activities.
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– Are structures, systems and components within the CM Program tested periodically to determine if they are still capable of meeting design requirements?
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– What tools, resources, and training are required to perform baseline change assessment?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the relationships between cis established?
– How will the software and documentation libraries be created and managed?
– How do we go about Comparing Business process modelling approaches/solutions?
– Has change implementation been approved by appropriate authorities?
– How do you make sure that the code base always builds reliably?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessments done on your cm program?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– What kind of reports will be prepared?
– How are people informed of changes?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Probe Risk management quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Risk management.
– Does the final risk determination and risk acceptance by the authorizing official reflect the Risk Management strategy developed by the organization and conveyed by the risk executive (function)?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Vrm programs run the gamut from the collection of a few documents to advanced Risk Management software tools. what is appropriate for our organization?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Has any external work been done with ERM (external consulting)? If so, what was accomplished; what was concerning, what was found to be helpful?
– Is there a repeatable reporting process in place across the entities, so results are centrally coordinated, organized, and managed?
– Is there a need to use a formal planning processes including planning meetings in order to assess and manage the risk?
– Is your strategy development linked to Risk Management or any ERM? Or are you looking for ERM to support strategic objectives?
– What are the impacts of current risk management decisions on future options for risk management?
– Has the company experienced an increase in the number of Cybersecurity breaches?
– Where is the locus of control? Within a Centralized Authority or Decentralized Authority?
– Do you actively monitor regulatory changes for the impact of ITRM?
– To what extent are you involved in ITRM at your company?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
– Do we develop a Cyber Security Center?
– How much to invest in Cybersecurity?
– Should there be a plan in place?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Debate over Scientific modelling engagements and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Scientific modelling results.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business process modelling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business process modelling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Activity diagram Critical Criteria:
Graph Activity diagram planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Activity diagram projects.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business process modelling in a volatile global economy?
– What business benefits will Business process modelling goals deliver if achieved?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Software quality assurance leadership and integrate design thinking in Software quality assurance innovation.
– Why should we adopt a Business process modelling framework?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Confer re System dynamics failures and give examples utilizing a core of simple System dynamics skills.
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Design review adoptions and perfect Design review conflict management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business process modelling. How do we gain traction?
– For your Business process modelling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Business process modelling analysis show the relationships among important Business process modelling factors?
Functional flow block diagram Critical Criteria:
Administer Functional flow block diagram adoptions and balance specific methods for improving Functional flow block diagram results.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business process modelling ?
– Are there Business process modelling problems defined?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Function model issues and create a map for yourself.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business process modelling that make it risky?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Trygve Reenskaug results and spearhead techniques for implementing Trygve Reenskaug.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business process modelling services/products?
– In a project to restructure Business process modelling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business process modelling moving forward?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Review Business process reengineering tasks and catalog Business process reengineering activities.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business process modelling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
Use case diagram Critical Criteria:
Own Use case diagram decisions and prioritize challenges of Use case diagram.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business process modelling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why are Business process modelling skills important?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mathematical optimization leadership and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Mathematical optimization.
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business process mapping tactics and check on ways to get started with Business process mapping.
– Do the Business process modelling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Executable UML results and find the essential reading for Executable UML researchers.
– Think of your Business process modelling project. what are the main functions?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Analyze Operations research risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Operations research because they lack skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business process modelling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business process modelling?
– Are there recognized Business process modelling problems?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Refer to Software archaeology management and find out.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business process modelling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business process modelling project lifecycle?
– Does the Business process modelling task fit the clients priorities?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Corporate governance strategies and drive action.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business process modelling process?
– What are the usability implications of Business process modelling actions?
Process mining Critical Criteria:
Analyze Process mining issues and explore and align the progress in Process mining.
– Is Business process modelling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can we improve Business process modelling?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Chart Wernher von Braun goals and develop and take control of the Wernher von Braun initiative.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business process modelling processes?
– Does Business process modelling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Chart Quality function deployment governance and define what our big hairy audacious Quality function deployment goal is.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business process modelling activities?
Industrial engineering Critical Criteria:
Boost Industrial engineering adoptions and question.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business process modelling been identified and analyzed?
– How important is Business process modelling to the user organizations mission?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Electrical engineering engagements and get going.
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Computer science projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Computer science projects.
– What are the disruptive Business process modelling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– In what ways are Business process modelling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Technical support Critical Criteria:
Face Technical support management and find the ideas you already have.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business process modelling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– If technical support services are included, what is the vendors commitment to timely response?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business process modelling effort?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Systems analysis engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Systems analysis goal is.
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Schedule feasibility. can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time period?
– How can probability estimates be obtained when the information available is severely limited?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How should one include criteria of equity and efficiency in performance assessment?
– What process must the company go through to obtain and implement a new system?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– What are top managements roles?
– Why do we need this method?
– How will the system work?
– So, what is a procedure ?
– Can something be changed?
– What is a methodology?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Business process management goals and learn.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business process modelling opportunities costing us money?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Verification and validation tasks and catalog Verification and validation activities.
– Is Supporting Business process modelling documentation required?
– Do we have past Business process modelling Successes?
– How much does Business process modelling help?
Business efficiency Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business efficiency leadership and devise Business efficiency key steps.
– What are the short and long-term Business process modelling goals?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Software development tasks and oversee implementation of Software development.
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business process modelling project?
– Do we know the difference between lean and agile software development?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– WHEN ARE DEFECTS IDENTIFIED IN THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– What makes agile better?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Business Process Modeling Notation results and display thorough understanding of the Business Process Modeling Notation process.
– How do we Lead with Business process modelling in Mind?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business process modelling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business process modelling External links:
Business Process Modelling (eBook, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Business Process Modelling – souche.store
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Tertiary sector of the economy External links:
Tertiary sector of the economy – YouTube
1TESCO | Tesco | Tertiary Sector Of The Economy
Unified Process External links:
CDC UP | Home Page of the CDC Unified Process
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
A Manager’s Introduction to the Rational Unified Process …
Object model External links:
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Business architecture External links:
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Extreme programming External links:
[PDF]Exploring Extreme Programming in Context: An …
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
Center for Dynamic Systems Modeling and Control | …
ERIC – Decisive Factors in Systems Modeling and …
Safety engineering External links:
Safety Engineering and Claims Management – sectn.com
Work breakdown structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Perisic
[PDF]15 Work Breakdown Structure – Stanford University
Value Stream Mapping External links:
[PDF]Value Stream Mapping at XYZ Company by Madhubala …
[PDF]Title Value Stream Mapping for SMEs: a case study
[PDF]Lean and Clean Value Stream Mapping – US EPA
Rapid application development External links:
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Flow chart External links:
Complaint Filing Flow Chart – TCU Title IX
Procedure Flow Chart – Title IX – MUW
Landman Chain of Title Flow Chart – RFF
Model Driven Engineering External links:
Model Driven Engineering | Department of Computer …
Gantt chart External links:
[XLS]Excel Gantt Chart Template – Department of …
Gantt Chart in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Gantt Chart Excel – Free Gantt Chart Excel Template
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
Software prototyping External links:
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Software Prototyping – YouTube
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Requirements Engineering: Processes and Techniques …
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal | Facebook
Radhika Nagpal: What intelligent machines can learn from …
Radhika Nagpal | Speaker | TED
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
Edsger W. Dijkstra – A.M. Turing Award Winner
What is Edsger W. Dijkstra famous for? – Quora
Software testing External links:
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
Software Testing Strategies and Best Practices | Atlassian
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Membership | Project Management Institute
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Software maintenance External links:
High Software Maintenance Fees and What To Do About …
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Systems engineering External links:
Intelligent Systems Engineering: Indiana University
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Waterfall model External links:
Waterfall Model Flashcards | Quizlet
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
How to make a realistic waterfall model – YouTube
Organizational chart External links:
http://An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. The term is also used for similar diagrams, for example ones showing the different elements of a field of knowledge or a group of languages.
[PDF]Sample Organizational Chart – cmaanet.org
https://cmaanet.org/files/Sample Organizational Chart.pdf
Title IX Organizational Chart – Drake University
Object-oriented programming External links:
What is object-oriented programming? – Updated 2017
Data modeling External links:
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
[PDF]Course Title: Data Modeling for Business Analysts
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Change management External links:
DCCA Change Management
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Change management experts -Change Management …
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture Conference | Microservices …
Embedded Software Architecture | Global | Ricoh
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Configuration management External links:
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Configuration Management | IpX
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Risk management External links:
20 Best Title:(risk Management Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Risk Management – ue.org
[PDF]Title Insurance: A Risk Management Tool
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
What is SCIENTIFIC MODELLING? What does …
Activity diagram External links:
UML – Activity Diagrams – tutorialspoint.com
UML Activity Diagrams: Reference – msdn.microsoft.com
Title ( Activity Diagram (UML)) | Creately
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
System dynamics External links:
System Dynamics Online (MS) | Online Graduate …
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
SD for Strategy « System Dynamics Society
Design review External links:
Permits & Design Review | op – op | Office of Planning
Design review. (Journal, magazine, 1976) [WorldCat.org]
Functional flow block diagram External links:
Functional Flow Block Diagram (FFBD) | Graffletopia
Function model External links:
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Business process reengineering External links:
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Job: BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING | Master …
Use case diagram External links:
3.03_A Use Case Diagram for an ATM – YouTube
Mathematical optimization External links:
Title: Mathematical optimization for packing problems – …
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in …
Business process mapping External links:
Business Process Mapping and Business Process Modeling
Business Process Mapping and Business Process Modeling
Business Process Mapping – bc-racing.store
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
Operations research External links:
Operations Research on JSTOR
Operations research (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Operations Research Dual-Title Degree Graduate …
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology – codemag.com
Corporate governance External links:
The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance …
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Visa Inc. – Corporate Governance – Management Team
Process mining External links:
PROCESSGOLD – Professional Process Mining Software
Process Mining with R: Introduction – KDnuggets
Wernher von Braun External links:
2017 Wernher von Braun Memorial Symposium …
Was Wernher von Braun really a Nazi? | AL.com
Wernher von Braun – Der Raketenmann – YouTube
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment QFD :: Overview :: The …
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – IMPACture
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Industrial engineering External links:
Industrial Engineering & Management
EPIC Systems Inc | Top Industrial Engineering Companies
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Electrical engineering External links:
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Home | Electrical Engineering Online
Computer science External links:
k12cs.org – K–12 Computer Science Framework
Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Computer Engineering | …
Technical support External links:
ASISTS | Adult Student Information System & Technical Support
Life Fitness Technical Support – Welcome
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support
Systems analysis External links:
Community: “Virtual Systems Analysis” – TV Club
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business efficiency External links:
Business efficiency for dummies (Book, 2013) …
Business Efficiency – EBSCO Information Services
Marijuana Business Efficiency Measures | Colorado …
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …