What is involved in Business transaction performance
Find out what the related areas are that Business transaction performance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business transaction performance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business transaction performance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business transaction performance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business transaction performance related domains to cover and 56 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business transaction performance, Business transaction management, Application performance management, Buzzword, IT infrastructure, Information technology, Multitier architecture, Service-oriented architecture, Service level agreement:
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Business transaction performance planning and explore and align the progress in Business transaction performance.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business transaction performance?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business transaction performance leaders?
– How can you measure Business transaction performance in a systematic way?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Business transaction management management and oversee implementation of Business transaction management.
– Do we monitor the Business transaction performance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business transaction performance that make it risky?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business transaction performance?
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Recall Application performance management governance and improve Application performance management service perception.
– Does Business transaction performance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business transaction performance project manager?
– What is our formula for success in Business transaction performance ?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Design Buzzword tasks and do something to it.
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business transaction performance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business transaction performance objectives?
– Do we all define Business transaction performance in the same way?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Consult on IT infrastructure management and pioneer acquisition of IT infrastructure systems.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– Does Business transaction performance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business transaction performance values?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– How do we go about Securing Business transaction performance?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Information technology projects and handle a jump-start course to Information technology.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– How do we manage Business transaction performance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are assumptions made in Business transaction performance stated explicitly?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Multitier architecture Critical Criteria:
Learn from Multitier architecture governance and test out new things.
– Will Business transaction performance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to deal with Business transaction performance Changes?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Service-oriented architecture quality and find the ideas you already have.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business transaction performance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business transaction performance project lifecycle?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business transaction performance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business transaction performance, including any consulting or professional services?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Service level agreement leadership and achieve a single Service level agreement view and bringing data together.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business transaction performance processes?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– What kinds of applications are expected or legally required to offer a sla Service Level Agreement?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– What are the hours of operation (regular business hours and after hours support)?
– What is the process that will be followed to resolve unplanned incidents?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– How to quantify the system security?
– What will it take to make it work?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– How will service be delivered?
– What services are provided?
– Who prepares the SLA?
– What is In Scope?
– What is ITIL?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business transaction performance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business transaction performance External links:
Business Transaction Performance Archives | …
Business transaction management External links:
Installing the Business Transaction Management Demo …
Business transaction management | DocuSign
Business Transaction Management System Security – Oracle
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management & Server …
Application Performance Management for Big Data | Unravel
Application Performance Management | TraceView
Buzzword External links:
Nursing’s Buzzword: Critical Thinking | 2017 …
Buzzword | Definition of Buzzword by Merriam-Webster
IT infrastructure External links:
What is IT Infrastructure? – Definition from Techopedia
Simplify IT with Hybrid IT Infrastructure Solutions | HPE™
Information technology External links:
Student Email | Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Multitier architecture External links:
c# – Multitier Architecture – Stack Overflow
Multitier architecture – YouTube
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service level agreement External links:
Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Masergy global services
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …